L1 is the larger Beach Hut at the town centre end of a block of five and is available for Weekly Hire. It is the one shown in the main photo open with deck chairs in front. The beach huts were new in 2022 and are slightly raised from the beach on a hardstanding with level access from the promenade, making them suitable for wheelchairs. There is also a block of seven slightly smaller huts, directly on the beach.
Budleigh Salterton has a two-mile unique pebble beach stretching from Steamer Steps to the Otter Estuary. It is on the South West Coast Path, the Jurassic Coast and is part of the East Devon AONB.
Please Note - Budleigh Information Centre is open 10-4 Monday to Saturday. Key Collection is not available outside these hours.
Terms and Conditions for Hire of Beach Huts at Budleigh Salterton.
Conditions of Hire
- Proof of Payment must be produced on collection of the key.
- The hut shall be solely used by the hirer or their family/friends and shall not be sub-let.
- The hut is let subject to East Devon District Council being indemnified against all claims in respect of the use thereof and they will not be answerable for any loss or damage in connection therewith.
- The hirer shall be required to pay for any damage they may cause to the beach hut or any council property contained therein.
- The hut shall not be occupied between the hours of midnight and 6:00am.
- The hut shall not be used for any trade or business or calling of any kind.
- The hirer of the hut shall not cause or permit any public or private nuisance in or upon the premises or anything which cause annoyance, inconvenience or disturbance to the occupier of the neighbouring huts or to the public.
- East Devon District Council reserves the uncontrolled right to remove huts from any site if, in the opinion of the Streetscene Manager weather conditions or circumstances so require.
- The exact siting of the hirer’s preferred hut cannot be guaranteed.
- Refunds will not be made for any cancellation due to inclement weather.
- No more than one propane, butane or similar gas cylinder, to a maximum size of 5 kilograms, may be stored in the hut. Any gas cylinders stored shall only be used in accordance with manufacturer’s or supplier’s recommendations and the main cylinder valve shall be kept fully closed when not in use. Additionally, persons intending to use any type of gas appliance must provide a suitable fire blanket which must be hung in an appropriate place within the beach hut.
- In the event of the hirer failing to comply with these conditions as to which the decision of the district council shall be final, the District Council reserves the right to determine the letting of the hut at any time.
- Deckchairs inside the Beach Huts are provided by East Devon District Council. Budleigh Information Centre has no control over their condition and accepts no liability regarding their use.
Check in: 10:30 (10:30am) - 16:00 (4:00pm) (no arrivals allowed outside this window)
Check out: 10:00 (10:00am) - 10:30 (10:30am)